Monday, April 2, 2012

general conferance... yes conferance


I was blown away by this. I'm at a Mormon university and Mormons (or just the one that posted it;) can't spell conference?
I find spelling and grammatical errors in the media really funny.
While keeping in touch with friends on social media networks, I have realized who really struggles with grammar. I've also realized the number of people who struggle.. I'm in awe!

Two, to, and too... really?
Their, there, and they're... really?
more commonly, you're and your... really?
even better, I once knew a boy that would mix up our and are... they aren't even the same meaning!

Jeff and I even noticed a huge lit sign on university avenue the other day that was incorrect. It said something like "family's welcome." Ok apostrophe errors drive me nuts! Apostrophe s is for possession people! Adding an s makes it plural. You don't always need an apostrophe s!

Ok I know I'm a little grammar natzi, but... really?
Didn't we all go to elementary school?
Are people just getting lazier or did I just have really good teachers and parents?
Also, I believe certain aspects of the media test our patience ;)

3 comments:

  1. Out by the Provo cemetery, there was a new building thing being built and they had a huge banner out facing the busy road that only had two words on it- Assited Living. This was like a huge banner and they couldn't even look at it and think hmm something is missing from the first word?? Haha they had it up for like two weeks before they finally realized and redid the sign to say Assisted Living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I read your title and thought, "okay why can't Kara spell conference right???" So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same experience as Dr. Coyne. I was thinking, "Oh poor Kara, she doesn't realize how bad that looks." Haha. Then I read. These things bother me too! I HATE it to say the least. Drives me nuts. The worst thing is I remember talking to my friends on AIM (Good ol' days right?) and they couldn't spell or do anything write (Right*) and it made my spelling worse!! kill me.

    ReplyDelete