Tuesday, January 24, 2012

children killing children?

alright everybody is crazy for this hunger games
Jeff is hooked, nicole is hooked, everybody is hooked except me.
but what i'm wondering is

how are they going to make a movie that is PG-13
when it's about children killing children?

to me, nothing about this book/movie sounds appealing.

no thanks.
SAVE THE CHILDREN!!


3 comments:

  1. I read it a while ago and love it! So good! Better than Twilight..that's all I gotta say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There is nothing appealing about watching children kill each other.

    But The Hunger Games is not about kids killing kids. It's about lots of things, like government oppression, familial bonds, what falling in love means, the power of a single person with an idea, and finding beauty in even the most horrific of situations. I AM interested in watching a movie about those things, or reading a book about them. I believe in those things.

    Suzanne Collins didn't come up with the idea of “kids killing kids.” Children killing each other has existed since wars have. If a documentary was made on the child soldiers in Africa, or gang rivalries, or any of the early American wars when fifteen-year-olds were signing up, would it mean it would automatically need to be rated R? Certainly not.

    So, can they keep it PG-13? Definitely. If they focus on the true purpose and feel of the story viewers will not come away thinking “Oh my gosh, that was such a violent, disturbing movie! I can't believe those kids were killing each other!” they will come away changed for the better and wondering what they can do to prevent such a future, fictional as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hesitant to read the books at first, and I'm still not sure I love that I read them. I will probably go see the movie after i hear how it was. There are a lot of good things about the books but there is always that underlying idea of teenagers fighting to the death. The jury is still out for me. I do have the first book if you want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete