Let's get real.
I'm not gonna beat around the bush.
Or pretend that this show isn't my favorite.
What's my favorite tv show?
I've gotten into it only in the last year.
I liked it in high school, but really didn't watch tv.
But now, I'M CRAZY ABOUT IT!
Why?
it's funny!
For some reason this show makes me laugh more than any other show.
I don't care for the other comedic shows people die over (30 Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office)
I'd rather watch FRIENDS over anything.
Is it because I love the different characters and their personalities ?
- how Monica, Ross, and Chandler scream every line
- Pheobie's stupidity.. wait, and Joey's!
- the dynamic between the boys and the girls
- Ross' geekiness (yes i just made up that word)
- how Monica has to clean EVERYTHING
or is it because the hilarious lines are constantly flowing?
Probably both.
I do know that if I'm home between the hours of 2-4 or 10-11pm,
that tv is going to be on channel 32 or 27!
I've never been this way about a show. It's bizarre for me.
But it brings me to the big "debate" over media.
We've been learning about all the different media theories
and many of them take a side on whether or not media AFFECTS us
and whether or not we can be consumers and choose to not be AFFECTED.
What's my take on it?
I think it's both.
Take FRIENDS for example:
Some people are totally against FRIENDS because it has some inappropriate and sexual humor.
Sure, I've learned some things from FRIENDS that I probably wouldn't have otherwise (I'm sort of naive though so maybe I should have learned them years ago;)... and that's how I'm AFFECTED by the show without my control.
But I also think that most of the time while watching this show I do have the control over whether or not I'll be AFFECTED by it.
My values don't change by watching it because I laugh at them and realize their views are different.
I'm not going to suddenly change my mind and get married 3x because I saw that Ross did and that makes it okay.
So will I keep watching?
Yes.
Judge me if you'd like, but I feel like FRIENDS is a much better choice compared to a lot of things that are on tv now.
What do you think?
either way,
I'm going to keep
laughing


I am watching friends as I read this. Probably no surprise to you. Love you.
ReplyDeleteI agree completely, friends has always been one of my favorites it is the perfect mix between comedy and relationships. I can't believe you are just barely discovering it! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI know, right! You and madi were into it forever ago! I told jeff i want all the seasons for christmas next year! ;)
DeleteI need to start watching it! I like Modern Family though too.
ReplyDeletehands down my favorite show too. :) good choice.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way! I'd seen a few episodes here and there before this year, but now almost every night I'm watching channel 27 to catch 2 hours of Friends!
ReplyDeleteyou go girl! I haven't watched this show religiously but I sure like the ones I have seen! Guess I better start watching :)
ReplyDeleteyou will get addicted!
DeleteOh my freaking goodness. We love that show. We watched all 10 seasons over the summer and when season 10 ended, I literally felt like I had lost some close friends of mine! Casey and I will quote the show all the time or reminisce "remember when joey..." oh goodness! We actually have seasons 6-10 if you wanna borrow them!
ReplyDeletei just might take you up on that Kimber!!! :)
DeleteFound your blog! Am now a follower. Miss your guts;)
ReplyDeleteKara Lou. I agree that this is the best show ever! And it is much better than some of the stuff on TV these days! It is so entertaining and just makes me laugh. I think the writers to the show must have the funniest lives ever. After we graduate, can we start a FRIENDS club where we buy the DVD's and watch once a week? As Monica would say "OKAY!" Haha loves:)
ReplyDeleteIf you're ever wondering where I am at 9pm every night, I am watching Friends on tvland with my hubs. It's honestly not any worse then the shows that are on now, I think even Glee talks more about sex than Friends does.
ReplyDelete