Monday, January 30, 2012

Allstate TV Ad

I've seen this commercial a few times and it makes me laugh every time!
I love that President David Palmer (24, anyone?) is the voice whenever they say Allstate.
I immediately loved Allstate ads because they used President Palmer.



As I reflect on what we've learned in class on effective advertising, I realize which of the "facets" they used in this commercial.

1. Perception facet - this commercial definitely gets noticed as it messes with our heads. We are hearing one voice and then, suddenly, a low voice fills in every now and then.

2. Emotional/Affective facet - the emotion fulfilled in this commercial is definitely HUMOR

3. Cognitive facet - the commercial definitely explains what it can do for the consumer (even the setting is a car accident and they're talking about their insurance).

4. Association facet - since they've been using President Palmer for every commercial, consumers associate him with Allstate Insurance. I feel that his VOICE is the association. He has such a low, distinct voice.

5. Persuasion facet - The ad persuades the consumer that if you use their insurance, everything will be ok and hey, guess what? Even the person you hit will be (somewhat) understanding because you'll have something in common!

6. Behavior facet - hoping the humor will drive you to buy their insurance.

HEY! THAT'S ALL OF THE FACETS! = good commercial and effective advertising!
at least it was for me...

1 comment:

  1. Good analysis!! And I also like Allstate cause Pres. Palmer is the spokesperson!

    ReplyDelete