I remember walking out of the movie theater and thinking
"I never knew what my favorite movie was until now..."
Last week, I watched my favorite movie, The Blindside, because it was an assignment for my highest level division course in my major: SFL 490 - Advanced Issues in Human Development (love this class) with one of my favorite professors, Larry J. Nelson.
Right now we're discussing the various positive and negative influences each person has from birth on that affect their agency and choices...and therefore affect their life.
Some are born with a lot of things going for them and some just aren't.
While watching this movie, my heart goes from feeling so low and sad for Michael Oher (and other kids born in similar situations) to so unbelievably happy it wants to jump out of my chest.
It is truly amazing to watch the transformation of an individuals' life when they are finally given those positive influences that change their life. I think of what Michael's life would have been like had there not been all of those positive interventions.. my heart breaks for those kids.
I admire Leigh Anne immensely for what she did for Michael.
I want to be her.
(ah! Sandra Bullock is my favorite actress:)
She reminds me of my mom. Always serving and always caring. A strong woman who does what is right. Emotionally, she's a rock. But that doesn't mean she isn't a softie inside. She saves face and breaks down alone. She's strong willed and (usually) gets her way. But her way is always the right way (I still believe she's never made a mistake).
This movie is an amazing one. One that I will continue to watch for years and years. The funny thing is I can't say that about that many movies. It's only every once in a while that one of these tear jerkers and change your life kind of shows come out. This one really resonated with me. It's amazing how much a movie can affect you. I just wish they were all like The Blindside (it can only influence you for the better :)
What is your favorite movie and why?



I love your assessment of this movie. It really can be life changing! To answer your question... I don't really know what my favorite movie is (I know lame answer), but it depends on my mood usually. Ha. (P.S. I love Sandra Bullock as well!)
ReplyDeleteI love this movie too! After I watched it, I decided that I wouldn't mind being Southern! What a great character!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you... I LOVE the Blindside!!
ReplyDelete