Wednesday, February 15, 2012

media: the internet

i love the internet.
i love the new things that are happening on it.
people can share their talents on the internet and i get to be inspired by them.

one thing i lack is creativity (it may be because my mom doesn't draw and hates to sew...so do you think i learned? but really, i don't blame her. I'm definitely her kid).

it all began with One Charming Party.  Do you follow them? Nicole has shot most of their parties.  I fell in love with their ideas for kids' parties and decided... yeah, i can be that super mom. As long as they tell me EVERYTHING to do, I can put it together!  Right?  

(you might have seen this image because it's all over Pinterest. 
This is one of OCP's ideas and Nicole shot)

Now there's Pinterest and so much more. I'm crazy over my family friend's (and now my cousin!) blog. Megan (Kimball) Lewis posts about her fantastic ideas that she somehow comes up with for her girls' parties (search for her Kung Fu Panda party.. my favorite. The dessert sushi is amazing!) and cute creative DIY stuff she does around the house. I am in awe at how people come up with these things!

Anyway, Real Simple has 5 great Hollywood party ideas that Nicole shot (find them here).  Looking at all these images gets me excited for when I have time to plan a fun party for my kids (maybe I should get some of those first).  
(Real Simple's photo by Nicole)


So I guess it's time for me to get 

creative

(you have no idea how hard that is for me. hey, i can try right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment